Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hello!

I just returned from my annual "mommy getaway" to Lancaster,  PA.  Most of my friends look at me strange when I say "I'm just fascinated with Amish culture".  Let me back up a little.  I write a blog about my artistic endeavors at KIMagination and I was going to write an entry about my trip.  Upon reflection I feel that there is so much more I would like to share with you other than just my "itinerary".  I have been fascinated with the Amish since I was a little girl traveling with my family to the Kutztown Folk Art Festival in PA. I have lived in Virginia most of my life but for the past six years I have taken "mini vacations" to Amish country.

I do not claim to know everything about Amish culture, quite the opposite, so I will use this forum to:
1.  Research and explore Amish culture
2.  Quote scripture, always giving glory to God
3.  Define frequently used Amish words
4.  Talk about my personal experiences among The Plain People   

No comments:

Post a Comment